Secure WiFi Network: WLAN wireless local area network. WiFi security is very essential for everyone. Now these days many people are using WiFi but within using WiFi you should need to know how to secure WiFi password.First of all i will tell you what is the bad impact if your WiFi is not secure.
Reason to secure WiFi
- It will increase your monthly Internet bill because someone can change your plan of internet because they know password.
- It will decrease your Internet access speed since you are now sharing the same internet connection with other users may be they steal password.
- It can create a security hazard as others may hack your computers and access your personal files through your own wireless network.
- it will leak your all information and someone track your location.
HOW TO SECURE WiFi Network
The good things is that it is not very hard to make your wireless network secure, which will both prevent others from stealing your internet or wifi password and will also prevent hackers from taking control of your computers.
Here a few simple steps that you can secure your wireless network:
STEP 1. OPEN YOUR ROUTER SETTINGS PAGE
First, you need to know how to access your wireless router’s settings. Usually you can do this by typing in “192.168.1.1” into your web browser, and then enter the correct user name and password for the router.By default every router of Tp-Link has ‘admin’ username as well as password. After you can change this password and username. Secure WiFi Network
STEP 2. ENABLE NETWORK ENCRYPTION
- There are several encryption methods for wireless settings,
- WPA (WPA-Personal)
- WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access version 2)
this is also good feature ti secure ,To enable encryption on your Wireless network, open the wireless security settings on your router’s configuration page. This will usually let you select which security method you wish to choose; if you have older devices, choose WEP, otherwise go with WPA2.
STEP 3. FILTER MAC ADDRESSES
This is the most secure feature to secure wifi password All your wireless devices have a unique MAC address like phone laptop. We mention all mac address in filter mac address wherever you want to access internet. Secure WiFi Network
STEP 4. REDUCE THE RANGE OF THE WIRELESS SIGNAL
If your wireless router has a high range but you are staying in a home you can decreasing the signal range by either changing the mode of your router to 802.11g (instead of 802.11n or 802.11b) or use a different wireless channel